Thursday, October 11, 2012

All You Can Eat Toast?!

My first weekend in Oxford was a busy one, and therefore will require two separate posts. On Saturday, some friends and I decided to try out Turl Street Kitchen for their famous £1.50 "All You Can Eat Toast." That's right friends, all you can eat toast.

And by toast, I mean fresh, homemade organic bread with jam, honey, Marmite, and Nutella. Oh yeah, suddenly seems much more worth that quid fifty, eh?

First of all, Turl Street Kitchen is a great place. It's open and almost all windows, and you can have meetings in the upstairs area. Turl Street Kitchen is well known for its use of locally grown and ethically sourced ingredients. Plus, the menu for lunch and dinner changes daily, so no risk of ever getting stuck with the boring same old, same old. 







Once we arrived and I fell in love a bit, we got a table (which was actually a large wooden picnic-style bench), it was time for toast. We were not disappointed.

All the fixings for a feast.

Kept that poor little toaster running the whole time.

Homemade bread! 

The first of many.
Despite being mistaken for a waitress by an older gentleman demanding for a table (no sir, I'm just making toast, I don't work here), it was a lovely breakfast. I did discover that I most definitely do NOT like Marmite. No sir. Although the face I made after trying it was quite entertaining for everyone else. Definitely worth going back, although I think I might like to try out their lunch or dinner options. Certainly avoiding the Marmite.

Turl Street Kitchen is located at 16-17 Turl Street, Oxford, OX1 3DH, right between Broad and High Streets. You can check out their website here.




No comments:

Post a Comment