Friday, May 22, 2015

Taylor Swift Book Tag

Wednesday, I went to the opening night of Taylor Swift's 1989 tour with my best friend Emily. To celebrate that AMAZING show, I decided to devote today's post to the Taylor Swift Book Tag, with Emily as my special guest.

1. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together: a book/series you thought you were in love with, but then wanted to break up.

Emily - I was really, really excited to read Three Cups of Tea. I had read great reviews, and it appeared to be right up my alley. But I stopped less than 100 pages in because I just didn't believe the author. It was terrible, I was bitter, and I recommend it to no one.
Jane - Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer. Don't even get me started on this one.


2. Red: a book with a red cover.

Emily - I'm currently reading A Court of Thorns and Roses and it has a delightful cover.
Jane - I second ACOTAR. So red, so pretty.


3. The Best Day: a book that makes you nostalgic.

Emily - Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl took me right back to college and all the awkwardness that was my freshman year.
Jane - Obvs HP, but also my Scholastic Royal Diaries...what a throwback.


4. Love Story: a book with forbidden love.
Emily - The Brief and Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao. Forbidden love --> death.
Jane - Karou and Akiva from the Daughter and Smoke and Bone trilogy, ahhh.


5. I Knew You Were Trouble: a book with a bad character you couldn't help but love.

Emily - Don Tillman from The Rosie Project. He tries so hard, but is so awkward, and I just love it.
Jane - Ok, I think we interpreted this question very differently, haha. The first bad boy that came to mind was Warner from the Shatter Me series. He's so bad but he does it so well...


6. Innocent: a book someone ruined/spoiled the ending for.

Emily - HP and the Half-Blood Prince. I read the whole book trying to pretend k didn't know what happened, but it didn't work.
Jane - Maze Runner series...because I asked to be. Whoops.


7. Everything Has Changed: a character from a book who goes through extensive character development.

Emily - This award goes to Don Tillman, who goes from painfully socially awkward, to just awkward.
Jane - Laia from An Ember in the Ashes. Realistic and empowering development.


8. You Belong With Me: most anticipated book release.

Emily - I really enjoy the Throne of Glass series, and am looking forward to Queen of Shadows which is due this fall.
Jane - The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater. Thankfully I have until February to emotionally prepare.


9. Forever and Always: favorite book couple.
Emily - Harry and Hermione.
Jane - Girl. Harry and Hermione ALL DAY EVERY DAY. Oh, they weren't canon you say? Y'all need to open your eyes to the Truth. 


10. Come Back, Be Here: a book you would least like to lend out, for fear of missing it too much.

Emily - Anna and the French Kiss. I just adore this book. It was a joy to read and I just...I need it in my life.
Jane - OMG ME TOO. I also picked Anna and the French Kiss. I need this book within reach at all times.


11. Teardrops On My Guitar: a book that made you cry.

Emily - Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. Flash Flood Warning on my face.
Jane - I cry a lot, so...most recently it was Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen.


12. Shake It Off: a book you love so much, you just shake off the haters.

Emily - The Selection series was such a guilty pleasure. It's a mix of The Bachelor and The Hunger Games and I just ate it up.
Jane - My Sarah Dessen collection, most  beloved of which is This Lullaby.


We tag all of you to do this as well! Answer in the comments below or send a link to where we can find your response.

No comments:

Post a Comment