This week's Top Ten Tuesday theme is the Top Ten Books on My Summer TBR List. These aren't all necessarily "summer" books, but nonetheless books that I'm dying to read between now and August. There's a mix of old and new, upcoming releases and well-loved favorites.
2. Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway: I've already preordered my copy, and can't wait for it to arrive on June 23. Emmy and Oliver were supposed to be best friends forever, until Oliver's father kidnaps him and they're forced to spend years apart. Now that Oliver's back, everything has changed.
3. Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon: This isn't out until September, but I managed to swing an ARC from Netgalley so HUZZAH I AM VICTORIOUS and will read this very soon. It's about a girl who's allergic to everything, and the relationship she strikes up with the boy who moves in next door.
4. Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu: I didn't read Jennifer's debut, which dealt with slut-shamming and high school bullying because, well...I just can't read those books. But her sophomore effort is getting crazy amazing buzz around the book community. I can't wait to read about the protag, who was raised in a Quiverfull community and begins to question her religion, her family, and her place in the world.
5. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews: I wanted to read this because the film just came out in theaters...but it's not playing anywhere near me. Regardless, I still want to read this much-loved book about a guy, his bro, and a girl with cancer he's forced to befriend. Lots of people love this even more than TFIOS (no, I promise I won't start this again), so it's high up on the summer TBR.
6. The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson: Sweet mother of sequels, I'll be stalking my mail box on July 7 when this is finally released. The sequel to The Kiss of Deception, I fully expect The Heart of Betrayal to hurt just as good as its predecessor. I'm so looking forward to diving back into this world, and will probably reread The Kiss of Deception to remind myself of the total mind-eff of who's who that goes down. Because damn that messed me up.
7. This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen: Look, there is a thing you need to know about me. This Lullaby is one of my all-time favorite books, ever. Ever. It just is. 2015 is the #SummerOfSarah, so this book is getting read in July, and I'm already looking forward to seeing Remy and Dexter again. This Lullaby is one of my personal trifecta of Sarah Dessen novels, including Just Listen and...
8. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen: This damn book, also being read in July for #SummerOfSarah. I haven't been able to read this book since my dad died, but I feel like it's time to revisit Macy and appreciate her in a whole new way.
9. Vivian Versus the Apocalypse by Katie Coyle: Also called Vivian Apple at the End of the World in America (I got the UK edition because I preferred that title, soz not soz). I don't know about you, but nothing screams summer to me quite like a road trip across American after the Rapture.
10. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes: Apparently I want to cry this summer, I don't know. Two of my best friends read this book and, despite the monsoon of tears it caused, both loved it. I also recently found out that it's being made into a movie with Sam Claflin as the male lead, so...yeah, it's happening. I need to know what's going to happen so next year when I'm in the theater I can focus on Sam Claflin. Priorities.
Let me know what's on your TBR list for this summer!