Friday, February 19, 2016

The Hamilton Book Tag

Earlier this week, one of my favorite internet people Meg over at Cuddlebuggery posted The Hamilton Book Tag, originally created by Maureen Keavy. I'm very new to the Hamilton bandwagon, but these questions were just too good to pass up.

If you haven't listened to the Hamilton soundtrack yet, here's a link to the entire playlist on YouTube. Go on, I'll wait.

ALRIGHT LET'S DO THIS.

1. The Room Where it Happens | A book world you would put yourself in


I'm going to cheat a bit, and choose any of the countless Doctor Who novels, because I just want to travel with the Doctor. All of time and space, who could pass that up?

~

2. The Schuyler Sisters | An underrated female character



One day I'll write an essay about how under appreciated Fleur Delacour is, and how she's actually kick ass and constantly belittled by the other female characters for finding power in her traditional femininity and...yeah. I obviously have strong feelings about this. 

~

3. My Shot | A character that goes after what they want & doesn't let anything stop them

Puck Connolly from The Scorpio Races. I mean, come on. She's the first girl to ever participate in the race, and she's damn spunky. I adore her. “My mother always said that I was born out of a bottle of vinegar instead of born from a womb and that she and my father bathed me in sugar for three days to wash it off. I try to behave, but I always go back to the vinegar.”

~

4. Stay Alive | A character you wish was still alive

I had an entire list of really important, emotional character deaths and then I decided to throw it all out of the window and pick Hedwig, because that was so fucking unnecessary. HIS OWL, JKR?!

~

5. Burn | The most heartbreaking end to a relationship

Alina and The Darkling from the Grisha Trilogy...but my heart was the one broken. Also, honorable mention to Blue and Gansey because talk about a relationship destined for heartbreak (and death).

~

6. You'll Be Back | Sassiest Villain


Kidding, it's totally Victor Vale from Vicious. If you consider him to be the villain, so I suppose he could also be sassiest hero. 

~

7. The Reynolds Pamphlet | A book with a twist you didn't see coming

Every book in The Raven Cycle. "I took Chainsaw out of my dreams." WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK MAGGIE.

~

8. Non-stop | Series you marathoned

The Others series by Anne Bishop. I tore through the first three books in a week, and now I have an ARC of book four that I will be reading very soon. I don't even like urban fantasy, but I love this series.

~

9. Satisfied | A book with multiple POVs


Although my love for Six of Crows knows no bounds, recently I read Salt to the Sea and having four different POVs made for such an excellent reading experience. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

~

10. Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story | A book or series you feel like will be remembered throughout history


Obviously.

~

11. Helpless | A relationship you were pulling from the start


Again, obviously. While I shipped Bellarke in the (honestly god awful) The 100 trilogy, the TV show has made this officially one of my all-time OTPs and I will literally go down with this ship.

~

12. 10 Duel Commandments | Favorite fight scene

I cannot remember a single fight scene as I'm writing this, so I'm just gonna pick the Throne of Glass series because I know Celeana/Aelin kicks some ass and I'm 100% here for lady assassins. 

~

13. Say No To This | A guilty pleasure read

Currently making my way through the Captive Prince trilogy, and part of why I love it so much is that it reads similarly to fic, which is absolutely intended to be a compliment.

~

14. What Comes Next | A series you wish had more books

Six of Crows. Two books is not enough Kaz Brekker, Leigh Bardugo!

~

15. Right Hand Man | Favorite BroTP


Bro.
~

16. What I'd Miss | A book or series you were late to reading

I actually bought The Raven Boys AND RETURNED IT back in early 2014 because I thought "omg no this is going to be awful what was I thinking??" INDEED JANE WHAT WERE YOU THINKING. Fast forward to me finally reading the first book and then inhaling the next two in early 2015 and feeling like a fool.

~

17. Wait For It | A book worth waiting for


I'm not ready. Not even a little bit.


Alright, those are all of my answers to the Hamilton Book Tag! I'm going to tag Maggie over at A Memo to You on YouTube because I know she loves Hamilton and was excited that I finally got my shit together and listened to the soundtrack. If you're interested in doing this tag as well, I hereby tag you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment